Office for Improving Second Language Achievement
ISLA is a research program for schools with a high population of English Language Learners. We also work with educational entities that have been awarded the English Language Learner (ELL) Student Success Initiative the Texas Education Agency.
We work hard to provide these educators the support they need to accelerate the achievement of ELL students. We accomplish this through an intensive instructional program and technical support. Some of the many services that we provide to teachers, administrators, and parents include:
- Research on effective instruction and delivery systems for English Language Learners
- Curriculum analysis and alignment for English Language Learners
- Monitoring of English Language Learner students' performance analysis and instructional needs assessment
- Professional development for teachers and administrators of all populations
- Development of comprehensive campus improvement plans
- Monitoring of improvement plans to support effective implementation.
The Office for Improving Second Language Achievement (ISLA) at the College of Education is supported by a Texas Education Agency grant award made to the Texas A&M University System Institute for School-University Partnerships.